[SOLVED] WAMP displaying php code

hello.... im only learning php (working through some tutorials and looking at other peoples scripts)

i have just installed and configured WAMP with the passwords need and everyhing is working fine apart from when i try and view php scripts.

the scripts run fine in my php enabled website one looks like this

php%20frpm%20internet.png

but when i run the same script in wamp i get this

php%20from%20wamp.png

please help

this is really making things hard to learn and not very enjoyable

Thanks heaps

Martin

yes it does use the short tags <?

i went through and changed all the short tags to long tags on all the php scripts (gotta love find and replace  :D)

i ran it again and got

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'your_name'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in G:\~~WEBSERVER~~\wamp\www\martin.site11.com\include\database.php on line 24

Access denied for user 'your_name'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

i had a look over line 24 of the database script and could find nothing that i would need to change to allow access (after all so far all i have changed is <? to <?php)

here is the code that is having the access issue

wamp%20access%20error.PNG

so now i have another error that i dont know how to deal with

Assuming the code is unchanged from the live server I imagine the password/hostname/username is different on your localhost than it is on your live server. Somewhere in your code you will probably have define('DB_SERVER', "something"); etc for each of server, user, password and database name. These will all need changing to be appropriate for your WAMP server.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.