absolute divs

h4r00n

Hi,

If you view my website on different size browsers you will see that the layout is pulled to the left other than the home page which is fine. I have my divs set at absolute and I think this might make a difference, Can somebody please suggest how I can fix this so that the layout is how it is supposed to be. Basically if the logo is in the exact same place as the home page logo then the content should automatically be in the correct place. http://www.jobjar.co.uk

thanks

As you say, the problem is because you have absolutely positioned your elements.

To fix this you need to do one of two things:

1) remove your absolute positioning, and use margins, paddings and floats to position your elements (recommended).

2) Copy your top page as a template, and just swap content, since your top page seems to work (not as recommended, but will probably work).

Absolute positioning for site layout is fools good. It seems like it should be a good thing, but generally it isn't. It just ends up causing problems which then reverberate on to cause other problems down the line. Usually people get to a certain point where they just can't go any further because the absolute positioning has limited them and they can't fix the problem they have come to.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.