[SOLVED] Silly regex...

marklarah

Hi!

So I'm scraping a page, and the following text comes up, from which a string needs extracting/

<a class="nav"

title="|Bar 24"

href="index.php?page=session=g7657h7h575&token=[NEEDTHISSTRING]">

The session=g7657h7h575, I already will have the session key stored in a variable, (but not the 24, the number could be a one or two digit number.)

Anyway, I've been pulling my hair out with preg_matches and m tokens and (.+?) and stuff...nothing seems to work. Anyone want to guide me in the right direction? Thanks....

Assuming the string is always in that exact form you could use something along the lines of...

'#token=([^"]+)#'

I'd imagine the token would have a specific length as it is likely a hash? If thats the case then you could make a slightly more specific pattern. Hopefully that makes sense I have had a pint or six :).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.