how to write to a remote XML doc?

fgp123

HI all. What I'm trying to do is using PHP take some database information, store in variables and then write this info to a xml file sitting on a web hosting site remotely.

Any links or examples on writing to a XML file remotely with PHP. How do you get past the obvious security/passwords.

The site owner should provide you with some sort of mechanism to write the file on their server.  There are many methods in which they can do this and the method they decide to choose will dictate your next series of "How do I..." questions.

If you're asking for help with writing a file on a server that you do not have permission to write to, then this is the wrong place to ask and I suggest you skip this endeavor altogether.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.