[SOLVED] What's Wrong with this code?

Comptons_Eazy_E

You're also not using the correct syntax for updating (I edited my last post already).

Thanks again, i inserted it and it looked like this:

$sql = "UPDATE players SET Linked='1' WHERE Name='PN'";
VALUES
('$_POST[fname]')";
mysql_query($sql);

I received a error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"' in /www/110mb.com/s/o/u/t/h/w/e/s/southwestrp/htdocs/link.php on line 31

Doing a quick study i commented the two lines that look like this:

VALUES
('$_POST[fname]')";

Then it worked, but the row still didn't change, Any idea why?

Based on that screenshot it doesn't look like you have a record with the Name 'PN', so of course no records will be updated.

oh, I was a bit confused then, also this is what it looks like now:

$sql = "UPDATE players SET Linked='1' WHERE Name='Linked'";
//VALUES
//('$_POST[fname]')";
mysql_query($sql) or trigger_error(mysql_error() . 'on line: ' . __LINE__, 

E_USER_ERROR);

Those are commented because everytime i uncomment it i get errors  :shrug:

Yea, those two lines aren't supposed to be there. When I posted the query before that's all that was supposed to be in it, you can completely remove those lines.

(Again) Based on that screenshot all I see is 1 record with the Name 'Eric_Wright', and do you even have a column named 'Linked'? I can't tell from the screenshot.

mysql_query($sql) or trigger_error(mysql_error() . 'on line: ' . __LINE__, E_USER_ERROR);

You only have one record in the table and the "Name" filed does not contain the string "Linked" it contains the string "Eric_Wright".

mysql_query($sql) or trigger_error(mysql_error() . 'on line: ' . __LINE__, E_USER_ERROR);

printf("Query 1: Records updated: %d  ", mysql_affected_rows());

$sql = "UPDATE players SET Linked='1' WHERE Name='Eric_wright'";

printf("Query 2: Records updated: %d  ", mysql_affected_rows());

What akon song are u reading?

I wanna love you =)

You only have one record in the table and the "Name" filed does not contain the string "Linked" it contains the string "Eric_Wright".

printf("Query 1: Records updated: %d  ", mysql_affected_rows());

$sql = "UPDATE players SET Linked='1' WHERE Name='Eric_wright'";

printf("Query 2: Records updated: %d  ", mysql_affected_rows());

Sorry for the late reply i was busy, anyway Its hard to explain but everybody has there own account, I was testing the database to see if i can the Linked from 0 to 1. People register there account ingame ( SA-MP is the game http://www.sa-mp.com ) And So I want them to link there account online using my website for my game server. So I just don't want it for my name, for the other people too understand? So when you wrote:

WHERE Name='Eric_wright'

I didnt just want it for me only thats why i put %_post from the input box text!

edit:

Yes i do have one coll-um  named "Linked"

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.