preg_replace question

golles

Hello!!

I hope someone can help me with preg_replace.

I load two tables from an external website, now I would like to highlight a complete tr (background color) if there is a td with a known string in it.

So, how can I do this?

Thanks in advance!

-golles

I have a table with rows like this:

<tr>
<td>String</td>
<td>int</td>
<td>String</td>
<td>String</td>
<td>String</td>
<td class='aR'>int</td>
<td class='tbr'>String</td>
</tr>

If one of the Strings is $highlight (loaded from the database) I would like to change it to the following:

<tr class="highlight">
<td>String</td>
<td>int</td>
<td>String</td>
<td>String</td>
<td>String</td>
<td class='aR'>int</td>
<td class='tbr'>String</td>
</tr>

I hope you understand it now.

I don't think I'm really clear, sorry for that!

I think this topic belongs in PHP Regex forum...

this is an example of the input

<table class="mytable" cellspacing=0>
<tr><td>22-11-2009</td><td>5886</td><td>Hello</td><td>-</td><td>World</td><td class='aR'>16</td><td class='tbr'>-  11</td></tr>
<tr><td></td><td>6525</td><td>See</td><td>-</td><td>This</td><td class='aR'>6</td><td class='tbr'>-  4</td></tr>
<tr><td>22-11-2009</td><td>5886</td><td>Hello</td><td>-</td><td>Everyone</td><td class='aR'>16</td><td class='tbr'>-  11</td></tr>
<tr><td></td><td>6525</td><td>See</td><td>-</td><td>This</td><td class='aR'>6</td><td class='tbr'>-  4</td></tr>
</table>

Now i would like to change the output to this:

<table class="mytable" cellspacing=0>
<tr class="bgRed"><td>22-11-2009</td><td>5886</td><td>Hello</td><td>-</td><td>World</td><td class='aR'>16</td><td class='tbr'>-  11</td></tr>
<tr class="bgRed><td>22-11-2009</td><td>5886</td><td>Hello</td><td>-</td><td>Everyone</td><td class='aR'>16</td><td class='tbr'>-  11</td></tr>
</table>

The table rows with a cell with the text "Hello" should have a class (bgRed), so I can style the complete row.

How can this be done?

I hope this makes some more sense.

-golles

There are tonnes of ways of doing something like this, the following is just one example.

preg_replace('#^<tr>(?=.*?<td>Hello</td>)#m', '<tr class="bgRed">', $html);

Thanks!

Now it works almost perfect, if the table has a title, then it doesn't work, how can this be fixed?

thank you salathe, thanks!

-golles

Try something like this..

preg_replace('#^(<tr[^>]*)>(?=.*?<td>Hello</td>)#m', $1 . ' class="bgRed">', $html)

This will return the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER, expecting T_VARIABLE or '$'

Hopefully you know a solution :-[

Ooops, sorry...

preg_replace('#^(<tr[^>]*)>(?=.*?<td>Hello</td>)#m', "$1" . ' class="bgRed">', $html);

thanks, I just noticed that there was a title on the td to, but i fixed it myself (with your example!)

preg_replace("#^(<tr[^>]*)>(?=.*?(<td[^>]*)>Hello</td>)#m", "$1" . ' class="bgRed">', $html);

thanks cags and salathe!!!

I think I need some more experience with the regex stuff  :shy:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.