array empty

jamesxg1

<?php
class Tesco {

private $quantity;  
    private $productid;
    private $storeid;

##########################################################################################################
    ###ALL INTEGER DATA FILTERED USINT THE BELOW OPTIONS WILL HAVE A MIN VALUE OF 1 AND A DEFAULT VALUE OF 1##
    ###E.G. IF FILTER FAILS TO VALIDATE AS INTEGER OF 1+ IT WILL DEFAULT THE VALUE TO ONE (1)#################
    ##########################################################################################################

protected static $options = array( 'options'   => 
                                array( 'min_range' => 1,
                                       'default'   => 1 
                                     )
                                     );

public function getPrice($quantity, $productid, $storeid = '1')
    {
        #####################################################################################################
        ### ONLY NEED TO VALIDATE THESE AS INTEGERS, THIS IS SUFFICIENT TO PROTECT QUERY FROM SQL INJECTION##
        #####################################################################################################

$this->quantity  = filter_var($quantity , FILTER_VALIDATE_INT, self::$options);
        $this->productid = filter_var($productid, FILTER_VALIDATE_INT, self::$options);
        $this->storeid   = filter_var($storeid  , FILTER_VALIDATE_INT, self::$options);

#############################################################################
        ###ONLY %d NEEDED DUE TO ALL VARS USED IN SPRINTF() BEING IN DECIMAL FORMAT##

$query = sprintf("SELECT price, price * %d as total FROM products WHERE id = %d AND store = %d", $this->quantity,
                        $this->productid, $this->storeid);

$result = mysql_query($query) or trigger_error('Query failed: ' . mysql_error(), E_USER_ERROR);

$price = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);

print_r($price);
    }      
}

?>

<?php
class Tesco {

private $quantity;  
    private $productid;
    private $storeid;

###ALL INTEGER DATA FILTERED USINT THE BELOW OPTIONS WILL HAVE A MIN VALUE OF 1 AND A DEFAULT VALUE OF 1##
    ###E.G. IF FILTER FAILS TO VALIDATE AS INTEGER OF 1+ IT WILL DEFAULT THE VALUE TO ONE (1)#################

array( 'min_range' => 1,
                                       'default'   => 1 
                                     )
                                     );

public function getPrice($quantity, $productid, $storeid = '1')
    {
        ### ONLY NEED TO VALIDATE THESE AS INTEGERS, THIS IS SUFFICIENT TO PROTECT QUERY FROM SQL INJECTION##

###ONLY %d NEEDED DUE TO ALL VARS USED IN SPRINTF() BEING IN DECIMAL FORMAT##

$query = sprintf("SELECT price, price * %d as total FROM products WHERE id = %d AND store = %d", $this->quantity,

$result = mysql_query($query) or trigger_error('Query failed: ' . mysql_error(), E_USER_ERROR);

print_r($price);
    }      
}

?>

That does the job absolutely perfect. Cheers mate. on prob i got is this.

<?php
class Tesco {

private $quantity;  
    private $productid;
    private $storeid;

array( 'min_range' => 1,
                                       'default'   => 1 
                                     )
                                     );

public function getPrice($quantity, $productid, $storeid = '1') {

$total += $price['total'];

echo $total;
    }      
}

?>

so if i put 2 items in the process

Item 1 = 100 * 6 = 600

Item 2 = 1 * 8 = 8

returns 6008 :S lol.

Many many thanks

James.

Thats because the class doesn't "remember" the value of $total from the last call made to an instance of itself, it simply echoes out the totals from the two calls made without whitespace/formatting. I.E

echo '600';
echo '8';
//would output 6008

This should work.

<?php
class Tesco {

private $quantity;  
    private $productid;
    private $storeid;
    private $total;

array( 'min_range' => 1,
                                       'default'   => 1 
                                     )
                                     );

public function getPrice($quantity, $productid, $storeid = '1') {

$this->total += $price['total'];
    } 

public function getTotal() {
        ###########################################
        ###GET TOTAL TO TWO DECIMAL PLACES IN GBP##
        return "£" . number_format($this->total, 2);
    }   

}

?>

Then you can use the class to get the total like so:

$tesco = new Tesco;
$tesco->getPrice($param1, $param2);
$tesco->getPrice($param3, $param4);

echo $tesco->getTotal();

Andy-H you are a star, thank you so much may I add you as a friend as when I have finished the site i am working on (the one you have just helped me with) I would like to let you know and if your interested make you mod?.

Cheers mate.

Just a quick question. Sorry.

How do i find the lowest value from all these...

echo $asda->getTotal() . '<br />';
            echo $tesco->getTotal() . '<br />';
            echo $morrisons->getTotal() . '<br />';

and echo the value along with the shop name ?

Cheers bud

Many thanks

James.

Of course, I think my addy is on my profile. If not I will send it to you in a PM.

As for finding the lowest value; you can use the min function, although it would require making a small change to the getTotal() method.

public function getTotal($sign = true) {
        if ($sign === true)

return number_format($this->total, 2);

}   

Then you can use:

$lowest = min( $asda->getTotal(false), $tesco->getTotal(false), $morrisons->getTotal(false) );

echo 'Lowest price: £' number_format($lowest, 2) . '<br />';

Of course, I think my addy is on my profile. If not I will send it to you in a PM.

As for finding the lowest value; you can use the min function, although it would require making a small change to the getTotal() method.

public function getTotal($sign = true) {
        if ($sign === true)

return number_format($this->total, 2);

}   

Then you can use:

$lowest = min( $asda->getTotal(false), $tesco->getTotal(false), $morrisons->getTotal(false) );

echo 'Lowest price: £' number_format($lowest, 2) . '<br />';

Worked. Thank you so much I have PM'ed you so we should be able to keep in contact. Once again thanks for this mate.

Take care, all the best.

James.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.