Photoshop round corners help

misheck

I am studying css with a book that has directed to use photoshop images for round corners which has left me with 4 images of corners to use. My problem is I have only managed to put 2 corners because I can only specify 1 background image to css tag/attribute which leaves the other side without corners. Here is an example of the html code.

<div id="message">
<p><strong>Special offers this week<strong><a href="#">
Click Here</a>
</p></div

I have put a css background: url(leftcorner.gif) no-repeat bottom left; thats for the corners

My problem is how can apply all the 4 corners to the whole page. I have put the corners on the div tag and <p> tag? Sorry I do not have access to my laptop to copy and paste the whole css and html so I hope this is enough info.

Hello,

It's odd that you were instructed to have 4 corner images (vs 2 images with 2 corners).

Normally What i'd do is this...

<div class="top_two_corners"></div>

<div class="content">Content goes here</div>

<div class="bottom_two_corners"></div>

And then use CSS to do the background as you were doing.

This way though, your content div can be a normal square box, and the corner divs can be used to add the rounded corners only (no content).

Hopefully this makes sense to you :D

If not, i'll try to elaborate more.

Ryan

The book says something about to corners but I didnt quite get thet because that would mean I have to define my width when making the images with makes some restrictions to the width which is something I am trying to avoid.

Perhaps you can help by explaining on which 2 images I will need. Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.