Need big help with php function

rx0

I'm trying to code a php function that grabs a myspace users default picture url & display name & stores it in 2 variables from their myspace with their id so that the function is executed in this format:

GrabInfo(myspace id here);

but I don't know regex nor how to use cURL or any other remote grabbing method, ideas?

I'm trying to code a php function that grabs a myspace users default picture url & display name & stores it in 2 variables from their myspace with their id so that the function is executed in this format:

GrabInfo(myspace id here);

but I don't know regex nor how to use cURL or any other remote grabbing method, ideas?

I doubt anyone will write such a pointless function, but you can start with a regex tutorial here:

http://www.phpro.org/tutorials/Introduction-to-PHP-Regex.html

And here's a start to your function:

function GrabInfo($myspaceID) {
   $contents = file_get_contents('http://www.myspace.com/users/' . $myspaceID); //Or wherever myspace users are..
   preg_match('#profi....'); //The fun part!, you can match off $contents which is the source of the myspace page.
}

Thanks and it's not a useless function, it's good for any myspace related site to grab the users info.

There might be code people have already written out in the wild, Or even an API. I'd google it. I'm sure there's info on how to get user info online.

Thanks and it's not a useless function, it's good for any myspace related site to grab the users info.

There might be code people have already written out in the wild, Or even an API. I'd google it. I'm sure there's info on how to get user info online.

I've looked around nothing relevant, all old code the regex functions need to be rewritten in them because of the way myspace have changed the way images are placed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.