What do you call the "token" thing?

Graxeon

You know how some sites have links that run on tokens? Tokens are links that only stay alive for a certain amount of time (1 use, 1 day, 1 week, etc).

Can someone explain to me what exactly it's called? I know there are different method / systems that do it but idk which one would be best for me.

Personally I'm going for 1 use "tokens" for links. I also want to know how they're generated only by my server. I can only use PHP and don't have access to a database.

tokens/point systems/currency systems/other buy/purchase systems.

they are all basicly the same.

But your should have a general overview of how the system works before implementing a system.

Purchasing/recieving tokens

User usage of tokens

and so forth

but if its just a fifo link system, than you really dont need tokens or other systems.

Just have to pop off the link from the stack, when you use the link

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.