Problem replacing template variables in PHP code

Jagand

Hi! This post is more related to code logic.

I have written a PHP library, templates.inc, which contains classes and is designed to generate header part of the webpage. It's functionality is to fetch data from MySQL and put it into a variable. Content in this variable should then be embedded in the 'source code' of webpage rather than what's currently happening - getting printed on the 'browser'.

A part of content variable that I am fetching from template.inc is shown below. This is currently getting printed on browser:

define ("disclaimer","Copyrights © 2009. All Rights Reserved.");

Current source code that I wrote to embed fetched data is :

$get_header = new Get_templates;

$response = $get_header->getHeader("main_page");

for ($i=0;$i<sizeof($response);$i++):

print $response[$i];

endfor;

Can you please suggest on what is the correction? Thanks in advance.

Why on earth are you using this?:

for ($i=0;$i<sizeof($response);$i++):
   print $response[$i];
endfor;

You did not tell us what $response is, assuming it's HTML print it, Assuming it's HTML with PHP, than you'd use something such as eval .. You haven't said enough to know what you're wanting to do.

Ok, I will put my need in a different way. I have written a code that dynamically creates a part of PHP code. It does this through MySQL fetches. I want to embed this dynamically created PHP code into an existing PHP code. How do I do that?

What I said, You can use str_replace() to replace the variables by hand into the content, Or use eval to execute PHP code (which is what you're looking to do)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.