Please test my site...

chromenun

Ok, I did not write the code, I bought it from an online dealer...it is open source.  I am having problems with some of the functions of the site, and I am hoping someone here can help me.

The URL is www.obebooks.com and it is a Multi Vendor site.  I was able to upload products until two days ago when somehow it quit working.  I use a free program (which most bookseller use) to do my inventory management for my book inventory, then I upload it as a .txt file.  For some reason, that is not working now.  I do not know why.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks,

Lezlie

**Update**

I think I have found out some of the problem with uploading.  It appears the programmers did an upgrade without asking me and they replaced some of my modifications with the upgrade to their program.  I found some specific terms that were being used in the new version since their upgrade, and searched through my old files and did not find those terms.

I hope I can simply restore my files from a month ago that I downloaded onto my hard drive.  I am not really sure how to go about this, so any advice would be welcome.  I know how to FTP to my site, and move files, but I am wondering if I should only replace files that appear to have been changed since the time that I downloaded them??

I could post the PHP script here if that would help to look at it...but I would have to do just a few files at a time, as this is a rather large script, and seems to be very complicated.

Thanks,

Lezlie

Lezlie,

Wouldn't it be easier to simply get support from the programmers?  Trying to restore from a backup could work, but it's kinda like taking a hammer to the side of your car, because there's a bug on there.  Sure you will remove the bug, but you could also demolish half the car in the process.

You could also introduce issues into the system, due to the changes you suspect were introduced by whatever sort of "upgrade" took place.  I might also point out, that the "programmers" might not have changed things, but rather there could be vulnerabilities being exploited by a hacker.  My advice is that it's important to have an expert look into this, especially when your business is at stake, rather than screwing around with something you don't really understand adequately.

I agree that that would be the smartest thing to do.  But, so far I have spent all of my savings on getting this program to function properly, I have been jerked around by "programmers", and when I went to the original programmers for help, we encountered a huge language barrier.

To top it off, the shop where I worked for the past 8 years closed on Christmas Eve (permanently) and now I am out of work.  I have been working on this site for 7 months, hoping to have it open the first of the year.  I appreciate that ya'll are looking at it.  I will try to find someone local to help me.

Thanks,

Lezlie

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.