I'm not sure how you would go about doing this...

FinlandsSvenska

I'm trying to make it where I can have a "Global Message" on my site.  It will appear under the logo. I can do that part (lolbasic), but I have a page only accessable to admins/mods (that works too).

2 files are involved, template.php and global_message.php.

global message.php is the file that contains the text box and submit button. It will send the text in the box to the mysql database 'atbbs' and the table 'glbmsg'

The table has 2 fields:

no (AI)

text

I need to know what mysql query I should run to get the highest 'no' and the 'text' that goes with it.

Tell me if I need to elaborate,

FS

A few lines prior to and after line 83 of template.php would probably be helpful.

Actually, line 83 is where $glob_msg is echo'ed.

Yeah, I figured that. Read my last post again.

I think it will have something to do with getting the `text` and making it the $glob_msg (if you know what I mean). I have little idea how to do this. (as you can see, I am new to mysql + php, and I learn by example) Do you have a link or could you explain?

Can you post some relevant code? Were not mind readers.

You are trying to echo a mysqli_result object. Objects can not be echo'd. See here for an example of what needs to be done with your object in order for you to extract its data.

Can you post some relevant code? Were not mind readers.

You are trying to echo a mysqli_result object. Objects can not be echo'd. See here for an example of what needs to be done with your object in order for you to extract its data.

as you wish.

{
$mys = "SELECT `text` FROM glbmsg ORDER BY no DESC LIMIT 1";
mysql_query($mys,$con);
$glob_msg = $result;
}

?>

<h1 id="logo">
<a rel="index" href="/"><?php echo SITE_TITLE . "<br>" . $glob_msg?></a>
</h1>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.