Website Manipulation in PHP

dahlia84

Hi Guys,

I was searching Google for Php Forum and found this Community. I want a guidance and hence I registered here to ask my question.

I want to login on to a site and post (I mean submit) some data to that site. I want to achive this using a Php Script.

Say, I have the script hosted on mydoamin.com/myscript.php

When I go to mydoamin.com/myscript.php I will manually input the data which needs to be submitted to that particular website. Once after I click on the Submit button on my script page, I want the script to login to that particular website and also post the data there.

How I can achieve this? I am new to Php however I am not a noob. I use wordpress and that is how I started learning bits and pieces of php. I am a C programmer so I am not new to programming either.

Can someone show me some pointers? I mean I searched Google and found that cURL is what I need to use to achieve this kind of task. I have started learning... Meanwhile, Can someone show some examples which will smoothen my learning process and make it easier a bit?

Please guide me and point me in the correct direction.

Thanks for your time!

Thanks CatFish for your reply. I will go through the link you provided.

Can you point me to some of the example where logging onto a website via PHP Script is illustrated, please? I tried Googling and found Sample PHP Login Pages and not How to login onto a site using PHP.

May be I am just a bad Googler.

Thanks CatFish for your reply. I will go through the link you provided.

Can you point me to some of the example where logging onto a website via PHP Script is illustrated, please? I tried Googling and found Sample PHP Login Pages and not How to login onto a site using PHP.

May be I am just a bad Googler.

You'll need to use something such as CURL, Here are some examples. More about it here.

CURL is a wrapper that is able to send POST data easily, it's a much more efficient method over sending headers yourself and all that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.