Decoding or cracking php file

tinkertron

Is it illegal for me to ask for someone here to either decode or crack a code php file in this forum?

As you're not explaining yourself I'd have to say you just shouldn't ask. If it were an encoded file, I bet you that they've copyrighted it. And by using it you're binded to their terms,eh? Unless it's GNU/GPL I doubt you're going to get someone to unencode it.

Well, he may be binded to their terms, but for example, when adding new Kayako LoginShare, you need to decode the file (I've contacted them, and they've agreed you can decode it any way you wish, but JUST that file -- and several others are "whitelisted" per say).

It doesn't necessarily make it illegal. Check the terms and conditions though.. just to be save.

As you're not explaining yourself I'd have to say you just shouldn't ask.
Why do I have to explain myself? It's a stright foward question. Simply is there rules in this forum about people asking for help from others in this forum to crake or decode php files. Gezzzzzz.

There does not seem to be any attached copyright or terms and conditions attach to the files, but I want to decode the file so that I can learn the php layout and try to build from it for my personal uses. The files are from phpgrid. I bought the software last week and it's encoded with ZEND optimizer, which I installed but i'm still unable to run the php software file. Here is another question. The software in question is a datagrid software. So If I have to install Zend optimizer, and once I publish the grid online, do the users also have to install Zend optimizer to view my grid?

OK I found their disclaimer to the software, and this is what it says:

http://www.phpgrid.com/grid/license.php

SOFTWARE MODIFICATIONS

Although phpGrid does not have restriction on modifying the software by the end user, due to the nature of scripting language the source code of phpGrid is easily exposed to the end user, thereafter, PhoebeSoft Inc does not provide support of any sort if users have modified the source code of the software in any way.

So if someone can teach me how to decode about 16 php files, that would be greatly apperacated!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.