charset Serious problem that affects all my coding

Azzyh

Hello.

I got a serious problem, which i can't figure out how to fix or to solve, so im trying to ask here for help by the pro's..

My problem is that, i got a form and a script, that inserts to the info to the database. I am danish, and for the script, called "insert battle" (it's a battle system i have), we have danish charachers to describe things, and such, and these are ÆØÅ.

Whenever trying to write in the "info" field at the FORM-page, and try to insert, i get this error:

Incorrect string value: '\xF6\xE4a\xE5e\xE5...' for column 'info' at row 1

Thing is.. i tried myself, changing from meta charset ISO-, to UTF-8 forwards and backwards, to get it working, i tried to edit the table to utf8_bin in case it was that, but it just stayed the same

BESIDES

i found out, when i had meta charset utf-8, the form page, where there was:

Navn:

(field)

Vinder på:

(field)

- resulted as Vinder p? with utf-8 meta charset, i mean i couldnt echo ÆØÅ words with utf-8 as it resulted ???, BUT when i tried to insert text in the fields with ÆØÅ and then press submit, IT DID put into the database with the charachers ÆØÅ..

So like to make it short, so all can understand

My problem is that when meta charset is UTF-8, my echo's that contains ÆØÅ doesnt show as ÆØÅ but ???, but then inserts to database correctly

And if meta charset is ISO-.. , my echo that contains ÆØÅ shows as ÆØÅ, but then doesnt insert to database..

I dont know what to do in this case, i never experienced this problem...

Thanks in forward

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.