input form details sent to an email

neeep

Can anyone direct me to a clear and exact tutorial which provides the code on how to build a form and then have the inputs sent to my email address? I know this is pretty basic, but I haven't used php before and I need to have this functionality on my site.

Thanks.

Neeep. :shrug:

My client wants the information that the users enter in the input form emailed to her you see. It is thus easy for her to access anytime the form is filled out.

(also, I have never used databases. I code only in html, css and javascript, so I don't know the first thing about databases)

Zanus. That tutorial won't download. It doesn't initiate my download manager at all.

Genesis. I don't have any code yet. That's why I'm asking for a link to a clear and exact tutorial on how to collect information from input forms through your email.

HI Genesis. I just executed that tutorial. However, that is not what I was trying to do. I need the input information to be sent to my email address. ie. that which is entered in the input boxes. Is this what the tutorial is supposed to do or did I explain myself unclearly?

Thanks. I have it hosted here . http://www.fishpondmedia.com/kenny

That all works, but I needed the input infos to be sent to me. Any ideas on how I could make that work?

Here is my php file.

<?php

$to = $_REQUEST['sendto'] ;

$from = $_REQUEST['Email'] ;

$name = $_REQUEST['Name'] ;

$headers = "From: $from";

$subject = "Web Contact Data";

$fields = array();

$fields{"Name"} = "Name";

$fields{"Company"} = "Company";

$fields{"Email"} = "Email";

$fields{"Phone"} = "Phone";

$fields{"list"} = "Mailing List";

$fields{"Message"} = "Message";

$body = "We have received the following information:\n\n"; foreach($fields as $a => $b){ $body .= sprintf("%20s: %s\n",$b,$_REQUEST[$a]); }

$headers2 = "From: niamh.omahony11@gmail.com";

$subject2 = "Thank you for contacting us";

$autoreply = "Thank you for contacting us. Somebody will get back to you as soon as possible, usualy within 48 hours. If you have any more questions, please consult our website at www.oursite.com";

if($from == '') {print "You have not entered an email, please go back and try again";}

else {

if($name == '') {print "You have not entered a name, please go back and try again";}

else {

$send = mail($to, $subject, $body, $headers);

$send2 = mail($from, $subject2, $autoreply, $headers2);

if($send)

{header( "Location: http://www.fishpondmedia.com/kenny/thankyou.html" );}

else

{print "We encountered an error sending your mail, please notify niamh.omahony11@gmail.com"; }

}

}

?>

here is my html file.

<html><body><font face=Arial size=2>

<form method="post" action="contact.php">

<table bgcolor=#ffffcc align=center>

<tr><td colspan=2><strong>Contact us using this form:</strong></td></tr>

<tr><td>Department:</td><td><select name="sendto"> <option value="niamh.omahony11@gmail.com">General</option> <option value="niamh.omahony11@gmail.com">Support</option> <option value="niamh.omahony11@gmail.com">Sales</option> </select></td></tr>

<tr><td><font color=red>*</font> Name:</td><td><input size=25 name="Name"></td></tr>

<tr><td><font color=red>*</font> Email:</td><td><input size=25 name="Email"></td></tr>

<tr><td>Company:</td><td><input size=25 name="Company"></td></tr>

<tr><td>Phone:</td><td><input size=25 name="Phone"></td></tr>

<tr><td>Subscribe to<br> mailing list:</td><td><input type="radio" name="list" value="No"> No Thanks<br> <input type="radio" name="list" value="Yes" checked> Yes, keep me informed<br></td></tr>

<tr><td colspan=2>Message:</td></tr>

<tr><td colspan=2 align=center><textarea name="Message" rows=5 cols=35></textarea></td></tr>

<tr><td colspan=2 align=center><input type=submit name="send" value="Submit"></td></tr>

<tr><td colspan=2 align=center><small>A <font color=red>*</font> indicates a field is required</small></td></tr>

</table>

</form>

</body>

</html>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.