Time and Date countdown - Desperate help!

Snooble

Thanks in advance!

I run a club night every Wednesday at 8pm, I want a countdown to the night on my website at all times. So if it's Tuesday "Get yourself ready for tomorrow!", if it's Monday "2 days, 4hours, 34minutes, 20seconds till we start".

Also, I'd like it to count down live.. so I guess I need to use javascript too?

Thanks so much, i'd be greatful for any help.

Snoobs

You can use PHP with AJAX to update the time and keep track of it if need be. You can calculate the difference between the dates with the unix time stamp, as it is in seconds it'll be that much simpler in the long run.

If you're wanting more specific examples, give us a specific code you're having trouble with.

Do you want a countdown timer that will actually count down in real-time or just a user visits or refreshes the page?

There is HEAPS of scripts out there for PHP that will do a countdown for you and you can just tweak it to have your little messages at certain times..

If you want a real-time counter you would use javascript which I would, personally have PHP pass the value to the JS and let JS take over from there..

I would like to display how many days/hours/minutes left until 8pm Wednesday. Counting down in realtime.

Can I please have some sort of direction? What function do I use? How to I make it do this every week and not just for a single date. help help help.

That sounds good to me.. but you can go 1 better if you want and make it countdown to the very last second with something like this.

if (todays_day == wednesday && time < 8pm) {
// set the javascript date to 8pm today
} else {
// get the next wednesday at 8pm
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.