Can i make this Text -> form box with PHP?

DarrenReeder

Hello...On my site which i am making for my school project i have got a profile page. (my site is like a snooker version of facebook)...on the profile page you have a section that says 'about me' and a few other little things...i want to know how i can make it so when u click a 'button' or somthing..it converts ur 'about me' section into a Textarea box (like a form box) so u can edit it then update it...

THe only thing i can think of is by making a seperate page for the whole thing, but id like to do it the way i said...so i just want to know how i can do this with php (Thats if i can...)

damm, had a feeling id have trouble with this...

How long would it take to learn javascript? and is this easy to make?

I've not personally learnt Javascript, but it's similarity to PHP (and well, any language) makes it not too hard. Your JS query requires AJAX though, a (slightly) complex side of JS, I'd look into tutorials.

No Ajax is required, this is more of a dynamic form situation.

Since form elements can be disabled, and javascript can add other form elements and enable elements.

its just a matter of piecing together all the parts.

U can try google: javascript dynamic forms

to get an idea of what ppl have done.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.