add data to sql without refresh

ram4nd

I don't think PHP Coding is the right forum, but how can I make a report broken link, that adds 1 to mysql cell and does it without the refresh. The first part is easy, but how can I do it without refresh?

Yes , AJAX is your only solution as PHP is a serverside language, meaning it would have to refresh to be sent any content.

any tips, maybe what should i type into google or any links or just a function what to look

anything that would be helpful

Just look up an ajax tutorial, there are many out there and it doesn't require too much Javascript knowledge. Essentially what happens is, Javascript creates an HTTP request to your PHP page (telling it to update the SQL table for example) and retrieving the result, such as 'updated' or 'error', and will put it into a div or message without refreshing the page.

w3schools are usually a good starting point http://www.w3schools.com/PHP/php_ajax_database.asp

Thank you

Just look up an ajax tutorial, there are many out there and it doesn't require too much Javascript knowledge. Essentially what happens is, Javascript creates an HTTP request to your PHP page (telling it to update the SQL table for example) and retrieving the result, such as 'updated' or 'error', and will put it into a div or message without refreshing the page.
Yes I thought it will do something like that

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.