Looking for php/mysql vistor record application

tinkertron

Is there an application that will record vistor information and automacatly log them into my MySQL DB?

Information i'm looking for, Date and Time of arrival to website, IP Address, Host Information, Browser Information, Returning Customer, or first time vistor.

I believe there are application like this out there, but don't know what they are called.

I think I found the name of the application that i'm looking for, but most are for purchase price and they are not a php/mysql type application, even though there are some out there. The name is called "Traffic Analyzers". So now i'm takeing suggestion from the community. Which would you suggest? Which are the best but free?

i use Google Analytics , :)

A very cheap alternative (though I hasen't to admit, excusing spelling of mine its rubbish!), but you could use some kind of php sessions but you (not sure if this applicable in foreign countries to the UK), but you want to be very careful about the data protection act.

I know you probably wont be doing much with it but seriously storing types of information about your users can in certain circumstances breach the data protection act (or some other act/law with the same principles of that act in other countries).

Look at at PHP sessions, then look at doing the session in mysql with php (but thats allot more complex).

Plus why do you need this anyways? Queries slow down your server, you want to make as minimal or as I have been told (as per my posts on this forum) to make as minimal database queries as possible, even going to google slows down server times.

Hope this helps you.

OOh thanks to this forum I am now replying to posts haha its cool.

But yea for security reasons googles probably your best bet, not sure what it provides though, as I've never looked at that before so I would be lying if I said I thought it was brilliant or poor.

Kind regards Kenny,

Jez.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.