Refresh on load

Jonob

Hi all,

I have an issue where the user closes his browser with tabs still visible. When he re-opens the browser, the tabs are already there, and seem to load my page from cache. Instead, I need to make sure that the page is properly reloaded.

I have ofcourse tried the following, which doesnt seem to cover the above scenario:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">

Is there a fail safe way to force the browser to refresh the page once on load. This should work irrespective of how that load originated; i.e. user types in url, user opens bookmark, page opens automatically in tab when browser starts, etc.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

(Btw, I am a complete noob with javascript, so go easy on me please  :-\ )

Meta cache preventions are inconsistent across browsers, try using PHP to set the headers:

header('Cache-Control: no-cache');
header('Pragma: no-cache');

NB I wouldn't rely on JavaScript for anything "fail-safe".

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.