PLS HELP! Having trouble with config.php...not sure what I'm doing wrong...

valeen10

I truly need help with this config.php file. Been trying to figure it out for days now but no luck and no tutorial online to give some insight on what I should do.

I have some PHP knowledge and HTML knowledge but when it comes to databases and mysql I'm lost. So this is where I can use some guidance.

Below is the section on the config.php I'm having trouble with...the trouble area is in red

$dbhost = 'mysql'; // database host (these are right I believe)

$dbuser = 'myphpadmin-user-name@localhost'; // database user name

$dbpass = 'myphpadmin-user-password'; // database user password

$dbdatabase = 'ecards'; // database with Cards tables

To give you an idea of what I've done so far, I installed MyPHPAdmin in the actual file folder like this...

FTP folder funcards to my webhost

(inside this folder is)

Folder images

Folder admin

Folder css

Folder myphpadmin (installed myphpadmin in this folder  - database ecards was created in this folder with myphpadmin)

( no fields or tables yet - setup.php is suppose to create them )

So my dilemma is I'm not sure how to link ecards database in $dbdatabase.  :confused:  :shrug:

I did noticed when I installed myphpadmin it stated location was- - root>ecards. Not sure if this means anything but added it just in case.

To give an idea of what setup.php does when I run it, I get this:

Could not connect to the selected database: ecards. Check the config.php file to be sure you set the correct database server, database name, username, and password. Contact your system administrator if you do not know these values.

Just in case...I did contact server host for the information on mysql. My host is Yahoo.

Any help anyone can provide would be very much appreciated! :-*

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

xxxx

Valeen

:'(

I tried it and it didn't work...i tried two different angles to your response....example...

$dbdatabase = 'whisper@localhost_ecards';  // database with Cards tables

second attempt

$dbdatabase = 'whisper_ecards';  // database with Cards tables

None of these work...any other suggestion or guidance you can offer, RaythMistwalker?

(anyone else feel free to respond as well)

xxx

Valeen

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.