$_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] to $REQUEST_METHOD

alin19

hello guys,  i'm fixing a friends website and he has a realy ugly code, short tags, erorr_reporting etc...

i cant' remember the atribut that i have to change in php.ini to be able to use as a variable , a member from global arrays

can you help me?

i'm fixing a friends website

Then fix the code, don't turn the setting on that would cause $REQUEST_METHOD to work. The specific setting, because it opened a huge security hole (allows hackers to set session variables) was turned off by default over 7 years ago and has been completely removed in php6. If you are fixing the code, then fix it so that is uses the correct array variables.

if i would have to fixed id from head to tail i will delete everyting and code it from scratch,

but i just need to fix something that he is not comfortable with ; i will make him aware of the problems,

uncoded psw for users, deprecated functions , and much more, it will be his choise if he will invest money in it or leave it like this.

thanks for your answer

L.E:  i have found it, thanks  for your post; i know it is good intended

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.