Post without a Submit button

markvaughn2006

I'm making a custom forum, the below code displays all of a user's favorite boards with a submit button next to it to take them to that board. How could i get rid of the submit button and make the board title be clickable and post the value $rowfav['board']?? thanks in advance!!

<?php

$resultfav = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM favorites WHERE owner='$username'")

or die(mysql_error());

while ($rowfav = mysql_fetch_array($resultfav)) {

echo '<form target="_self" method="post" action="board.php"><input type="submit" value="Go" />'." - ".ShortenText($rowfav['board']).'<input type="hidden" name="equip" value="'.$rowfav['item_name'].'" /></form>';

}

So ideally, it would display all the board titles and when you click the title, it will take them to board.php which will display info about the board and will know what board it is through posting the board title

?>

I think you are trying to do this?

<?php
$resultfav = mysql_query("SELECT * 
                          FROM favorites 
                          WHERE owner='$username'
                          ");

$result = mysql_query($resultfav) or die(mysql_error());

echo "<a href='{$result['item_name']}' >{$result['board']}</a>";

?>

whoops...

here is the code

<?php

$resultfav = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM favorites WHERE owner='$username'")

or die(mysql_error());

while ($rowfav = mysql_fetch_array($resultfav)) {

echo '<form target="_self" method="post" action="board.php"><input type="submit" value="Go" />'." - ".ShortenText($rowfav['board']).'<input type="hidden" name="boardtitle" value="'.$rowfav['board'].'" /></form>';

}

?>

What I'm trying to do is make it like if you click on my name on phpfreaks it will take you to my profile, so.. you click on the board title on my site and it will take you to that board, but there is no url to take you directly there so it will have to go to board.php and use the posted board title to select * from that board and display it.

you can use $_GET variables for that. you can simply make a link like so

<a href="where.php?id=5&name=mike">Clicky</a>

in where.php you can access those values in the $_GET array. for example, the value of 5 (sent in the variable "id") can be accessed via $_GEt['id']

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.