Questions on full text searching-- need to search multiple tables -- Help!

CountryGirl

I have 9 tables joined into my search. At the moment I'm using the code below to return the results.

WHERE asmnt_parcel.Account LIKE '{$search}' OR asmnt_parcel.OwnersName LIKE '{$search}' OR asmnt_parcel.ParcelID LIKE '{$search}' OR asmnt_legal.Legal LIKE '{$search}'

I have more tables that I need to be able to pull records from in a search though, so obviously the above method won't work too well. Thus, I'm trying to do full text searching.

I can full text search from one table, but when I try to add in a second table to be full text searched from, it won't work.

This query works perfect:

"SELECT appr_agland.Account, appr_agland.Acres, appr_resident.Account, appr_resident.YearBuilt
			 FROM appr_agland
			 LEFT JOIN appr_resident
			 ON appr_agland.Account=appr_resident.Account
			 WHERE MATCH (appr_agland.Account) AGAINST('$search')";

But, as soon as I try to add in the second table, kind of like this query below (note bolded part), it doesn't work:

"SELECT appr_agland.Account, appr_agland.Acres, appr_resident.Account, appr_resident.YearBuilt
			 FROM appr_agland
			 LEFT JOIN appr_resident
			 ON appr_agland.Account=appr_resident.Account
			 WHERE MATCH (appr_agland.Account) AGAINST('$search') [b]OR MATCH (appr_resident.Account) AGAINST('$search')"[/b];

How can I make it so that I can full text search from multiple tables? Or, is there a better way to search from multiple tables?

Thanks for any & all help!!

Qadoshyah

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.