Permissions for files uploaded through PHP in Windows

SuperBlue

How do you change the permissions so that uploaded files can be viewed in their default apps?

I got a problem with a PHP upload script, where windows doesn't allow me to access the uploaded files. Its likely some NTFS crap or the like, not something I'm to happy about getting into. Requesting the file from the browser works, so that must mean Apache has the necessary permissions to read the file.

Do i need to set the permissions for the uploaded file from within the script, or do i need to alter a setting in Windows somewhere? I prefer the latter, because i normally only use this for development.

How do you change the permissions so that uploaded files can be viewed in their default apps?

I got a problem with a PHP upload script, where windows doesn't allow me to access the uploaded files. Its likely some NTFS crap or the like, not something I'm to happy about getting into. Requesting the file from the browser works, so that must mean Apache has the necessary permissions to read the file.

Do i need to set the permissions for the uploaded file from within the script, or do i need to alter a setting in Windows somewhere? I prefer the latter, because i normally only use this for development.

You dont need to do chmod on windows. Its non essiential. "where windows doesn't allow me to access the uploaded files." Are you running as administrator? Apache has it's own pseudo-permission setup, albeit it shouldn't matter.

If i check the security settings of the file, then i got the following listed.

SYSTEM

UserName/Administrator

Both of which have full access, the second is the user I'm logged in with, which dose have Administrator rights. If i copy the file, (which solves the problem), and look on the same settings, then i got a few more listed.

SYSTEM

UserName/AccountName

UserName/Administrator

UserName/Users

Its likely because PHP doesn't add these two by default.

Adding the UserName/AccountName seems to solve the problem, i would just hate to do this manually for every file i upload. What I'm looking for is to allow access by default.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.