How to prints error of the script in webserver

hno

HI,

When I want to write some php scripts I first write it in my localhost and check it using xampp and then transfer it to the host.But sometimes my scripts does not work well in the webserver and I understand that it should probably have some problems and errors but It doesn't show me.My question is this :How can print errors in webserver and makes the server to prints the errors?

By the way,I have user error_reporting(1) but it doesn't make difference.

Thanks

HI,

When I want to write some php scripts I first write it in my localhost and check it using xampp and then transfer it to the host.But sometimes my scripts does not work well in the webserver and I understand that it should probably have some problems and errors but It doesn't show me.My question is this :How can print errors in webserver and makes the server to prints the errors?

By the way,I have user error_reporting(1) but it doesn't make difference.

Thanks

You could try this:

ini_set('display_errors', 1);

You could put that at the beginning of your PHP scripts and this will turn error reporting on. The only problem with this solution is that if there are any syntactical errors in your script, your server still will not display any errors. The best solution is to edit your PHP.ini file and turn display_errors On.

You could also try this:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 1); 

This might be better than the first solution.

You do not ever, ever, not in a million years, display_errors on a live production web site.  So do not follow the suggestion given by $Three3.

Instead look into set_error_handler(), which allows you to define your own error handling function.  Then you can log the errors to a file that only you have access to.  Or e-mail them to yourself.  Or any number of alternative solutions that do not involve letting the general public and would-be hackers see the innards of your website.

In all of my code, production or development, I have:

ini_set( 'display_errors', 'off' );

error_reporting( 0 );

set_error_handler( 'my_own_error_handler' );

My users get to see nothing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.