7 replies to this topic

#1 R1der

R1der
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:29 AM

How can i show all the users who have signed up to my site on a web page?

Thanks in advance.

#2 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:32 AM

connect to the database, and do a query to select all the users from the db.  if you made your script that registers the people, then you should be able to figure out how to do this easy enough...did you make the script yourself?
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#3 R1der

R1der
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:33 AM

Erm lol no i didnt make the script myself.

#4 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:36 AM

well the first thing you are going to have to do is figure out if your current script stores the data in a database or in a flatfile.  Then you are going to have to find out some basic information.  For instance, if your data is being stored in a database, you are going to have to look through your current code and find the database username/pw, database name, the table name and the column names.  I have no idea how proficient you are with php or anything, so give me some info on what you DO know, and we'll go from there.

p.s.- is this some 3rd party script that you downloaded somewheres? did you try looking for support on their forum or look in the documentation?
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#5 Orio

Orio
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:37 AM

If it's in mysql tables-

<?php
//make sure you are connected to the db
$result=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `user_table_name_goes_here`");
while($row=mysql_fetch_array($result)){
echo $row['user_column_name_goes_here']."<br>";
}
?>

Orio.
Think you're smarty?

(Gone until 20 to November)

#6 R1der

R1der
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:41 AM

i am still kinda new to php but i am learning.

my data is stored in a database.

i brought this script cheap. in hope to learn php better.

#7 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:55 AM

so you bought a script that registers people, and yet there is no function to display them? are you sure you're just not looking in the right place, as far as the features? i suggest you contact whoever you bought this script from.

i think this probably needs to be in the 3rd party scripts forum, so i'm moving it there.

#8 extrovertive

extrovertive
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:59 AM

Buying a script to learn free open-source PHP? Hmmm...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users