Site redesign

merylvingien

Hi guys and gals, i am thinking of a redesign for my site as i have run into some duplicate content issues that are difficult to overcome.

As it stands at the moment i have around 3000 pages wich are in essence postcode locations.

Each signup (its a free site) can take 12 pages (this is where the duplicate content comes into play) and they can advertise their skills on each of these 12 pages (same advert so duplicate content)

The way the site works is: some one comes along and enters the first part of thier postcode, and they are taken to the page relevant to that postcode.

I am thinking of a redesign where each advertiser would only have one page (i can remove the old 3000 pages from google) with all the various postcodes that they cover, thus no duplicate content.

At the moment, the url structure is the get method, so someone types in postcode "ss10" the url will look like

foldername.php?postcode=ss10&postcodesearch=Submit

The database is two tables, one for the postcode names with the details of areas etc and the second table is for the signups and thier details.

I was thinking along the lines of someone types in ss10, this queries the postcode table and finds the user id then extracts the info from both tables to build just one page will all the data on it.

However, i will end up with the same amount of postcode pages doing it this way.

Can anyone think of a way where it can produce a single url for any of the 12 postcodes per signup?

I can then narrow the pages down to something like a total of 250 pages!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.