PHP Mail function on IIS7.5 x64

I recently updated the php to 5.2.12 on a sbs 2008, running IIS7.5 and lost my mail ability?  Do you know how to make this work on a 64 sys?  Below is my mail function code from my php.ini file.  It use to work fine this way but it seems that the newer version of the php does not allow this to work anymore.  How do I trouble shoot the mail function?  My email server is running on the localhost and is exchange 2007.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[mail function]

; For Win32 only.

SMTP = localhost

smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.

sendmail_from = php@domain.com

; For Unix only.  You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").

;sendmail_path =

; Force the addition of the specified parameters to be passed as extra parameters

; to the sendmail binary. These parameters will always replace the value of

; the 5th parameter to mail(), even in safe mode.

;mail.force_extra_parameters =

It use to work fine this way but it seems that the newer version of the php does not allow this to work anymore.

Nothing special about the configuration, if your mail server is on the localhost this php config should work fine.

I would be looking at troubleshooting your mail server, not php.

My mail server did not change with the update of the php.  I can still send mail out just fine.  When I try to send mail through php in wordpress I get this error:

"

The e-mail could not be sent.

Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function...

"

I have not disabled the mail function.  Do you know why it would have changed with the upgrade version of PHP.  I was running the 5.2.11, I believe before I upgraded.

Is there any way to see a step-by-step process on the php email?  Or to see why it is being rejected?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.