PHP Applications Deployment question

takeme2web

Experts,

I have a general question related to PHP based application deployment using Zend Framework.

1. Since there is no compiled executable such as JAR or WAR file in PHP application, How do we ensure that the application code is not copied or pirated for another deployment by the Customer. Is PHP Encoders(many in mkt with a significant price tag!) the way to protect?

2. Since PHP is not compiled and deployed, I am assuming that it is interpreted. If the reasoning is correct, how does the PHP applications perform in terms of user interaction response time, when compared with a java application?

Appreciate your views and knowledge sharing.

Regards

Takeme2Web-Bala

1. Get a good license.

2. Java isn't compiled either as far as I know. Generally though, the network is where any bottleneck would be. Massive applications like facebook use php (though they did just announce the release of there php compiler).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.