PHP Book

ndowens

i have the php 5,6 3rd edition it is a useful book.

Thanks for the reply. So far I have created my own breadcrumb, simple really, and made my site completely database driven.

So now hoping to learn more, since I am still a beginner

am also a learner btw and i take books like these or sams etc, for my classes and make my teacher to teach using them.  :shrug:

While you're at it you should purchase more books on language and grammar of your native language.  One of the signs of a good programmer is solid communication skills.

More and more frequently people (or maybe kids) visiting tech forums are speaking some language I call jibberish.

I have nightmares that my great, great grandchildren will live in a world where the most common sounds are: "beep blip beep blop bloop," but it will be humans speaking rather than robots and androids.

By the way this wasn't targeted at the OP.  :)

While you're at it you should purchase more books on language and grammar of your native language.  One of the signs of a good programmer is solid communication skills.

More and more frequently people (or maybe kids) visiting tech forums are speaking some language I call jibberish.

I have nightmares that my great, great grandchildren will live in a world where the most common sounds are: "beep blip beep blop bloop," but it will be humans speaking rather than robots and androids.

By the way this wasn't targeted at the OP.  :)

I am glad, because I have already improved on my online grammer :-)

I was wanting to get your input about the book "Beginning PHP 5 and MySQL: From Novice to Professional (Paperback)" I bought it, so far haven't got it. I didn't see a whole lot of reviews about it.

I found this book to be very helpful. The sections on installing and configuring Apache, PHP and MySQL certainly saved me many hours of reading the online documentation and tweaking of settings while setting up my local test bed. That, in itself, made me a very happy camper. The author goes on to cover the various aspects from the basics of the PHP language and class libraries to topics like Authentication, Security, Session Handlers and eMail functionality that help anyone new to PHP setup some fairly sophisticated site capabilities.

For some cheap and very easy and quick ways of learning the basics of a language such as PHP and MYSQL visit good old youtube many people are kindly creating very GOOD tutorials about learning use programming languages.

I find do this as well as reading the book helps see it form a better explained point of view. Sometimes book seem to put in only what i think is a lot of crap to full up the book so it seems your getting a lot of contents for your money whereas online experience programmes skip the bulls**t and get to the point.

It seem like a no-nonsense approach to learning programming.

Also roopurt18 very good point some people do need to double check their grammer when posting not from a snobbish point of view but it will help people understand better therefore allowing the to answer your correctly and quickly.

But hell we all make mistakes, just keep an eye on it and have a quick blast proofread if you can so we don't have to pull out our hair when understand :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.