Is this ok in the freelance world?

Epixtome

Hi there,

I'm not sure how to approach you with this since I've never done it before. If I offend you in any way or make a political mistake please let me know. I have purchased a script that uses PHP and would like to make some changes to it. The problem is that I do not have the cash to pay for every small change I'd like to make. I'm sure that I would be able to offer work from time to time for at least a year.

Is there any way that programmers and developers such as yourself are able to deal with clients without cash upfront? I'm not sure if you'd be interested in commission on sales, free advertising, or something else based on the projects.

Please inform,

Christopher Andrew Doiron

It's possible that somebody will be willing to help you. Your best bet is to create a thread in the Freelance section, just make sure you explain there is no cash upfront and any other terms. If you have the ability to offer something along the lines of commission or something like that it's probably worth mentioning it (much as you've done here).

You are unlikely to attract any interest from any 'real' Freelancers, but you may attract the attention of a capable hobbyist willing to help out or perhaps even somebody looking to Freelance looking for some CV padding experience.

Thank you for your direction. I didnt assume I would be able to get a seasoned programmer, simply because they're passed the point of working for free if they're trying to make a living but yes, a hobbyist or someone fresh out of school might be my best bet!

Thank you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.