cookie problem with Internet Explorer

markvaughn2006

I'm having a problem keeping users logged in, in Internet Explorer. The session is working fine and the cookies are working fine in FireFox (of course)...

here is my cookie code:

setcookie("user_id", $_SESSION['user_id'], time()+60*60*24*60, "/");

setcookie("user_name", $_SESSION['user_name'], time()+60*60*24*60, "/");

What's your problem though?

is the cookie not available in page requests after it's set, is it being removed too soon, is it not being set?

What happens if you set the cookie, and then print out the cookie right after it? Does that work at least?

i'm not seeing the cookie where all the other IE cookies are stored, i see the favicon cookie but thats it...to be honest i'm not having the problem, a bunch of users are having it though. When they close their browser and open it back to page, they are logged out. Session is fine though...Firefox is fine of course though too... any help??

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.