Add select all checkboxes to php

ratt831

I have this PHP and it works great, just want to add a select all button and reset I am not that good at php can I get some help please?

THANK YOU for the help in advance

<?php

$currentdir = getcwd();

chdir("/****/*************/**/*****/*/*/**");

$grmx= 'Music ';

$filelist = glob("*.mp3");

if(empty($filelist))

{

echo "Sorry DIR is loading new songs at this time...";

}

else

{

echo "<form action=\"****************\" method=\"POST\">\n";

echo "$grmx<br />\n";

echo "<div style=\"height:200px;width:400px;overflow:auto;font-size: small;Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color: #0066FF;border:1px solid #99CCFF;\">\n";

foreach($filelist AS $file)

{

if(is_file($file))

{

echo "<input type=\"checkbox\" name=\"checkfiles[]\" value=\"$file\">$file<br />\n";

}

}

echo "</div>\n";

echo "<button type=\"submit\">Load Player</button>\n";

echo "</form>\n";

}

chdir("$currentdir");

?>

<body style="color: #0066FF">

Use JS.

http://www.shiningstar.net/articles/articles/javascript/checkboxes.asp

HTH

Teamatomic

Thank you but I just wanted to add it in PHP right to this script if possible? I don't know much about PHP so really hope its possible?

isnt it suppose to be "checked"?

like this

echo '<input type="checkbox" name='ch1' checked='true' />';

Yea, but more like this ;)

echo '<input type="checkbox" name='ch1[]' checked='true' />';

HTH

Teamatomic

Yea, but more like this ;)

HTH

Teamatomic

Sorry I am sort of confused? I just want to add a button that says select all? It already shows all the boxes without checks. Can this be added to the script? And if so can you show me what to add?

I already told you how but you dont want to do it. So look at me second post.

Add another submit button that has a name like "checkall" or something similar. Then when you are checking the form data and figure out its submitted from the "checkall" button you rebuild the form widgets with the checked="true" part added to them. If this confuses you and seems like a bunch of unneeded work, then refer back to my first suggestion, which is the proper way to check and uncheck a group of form elements.

HTH

Teamatomic

Just to pile on to what Teamatomic is saying: PHP does not do any client-side, real-time functionality such as checking/unchecking checkboxes, enabling/disabling fields, etc., etc. The only way you could do it with PHP is to have the user submit the page (such as a "check all" button as teamatomic stated) and then determine the action the user selected and then resend the page to the user with the appropriate controls modified. It's a waste of time and the it will be a poor experience for the user.

Client-side functionality such as this is exactly what JavaScript is for.

I already told you how but you dont want to do it. So look at me second post.

Add another submit button that has a name like "checkall" or something similar. Then when you are checking the form data and figure out its submitted from the "checkall" button you rebuild the form widgets with the checked="true" part added to them. If this confuses you and seems like a bunch of unneeded work, then refer back to my first suggestion, which is the proper way to check and uncheck a group of form elements.

HTH

Teamatomic

Sorry thanks mjdamatoOh I do understand Now. As I took another look I think it would be better if the form started with all the boxes checked. So My prob is I really need them all selected .If you look at my script can you just tell me how and what to change to make it that all checkboxes are all already selected in the form instead of empty boxes I think that will solve my issue?

I don't know if your allowed to show you what I am trying to fix on my site I just want to make it simpler to select. So when you click the directories they will all be selected will help me a lot.

http://gremx.com

Thanks So Much

echo "<input type=\"checkbox\" name=\"checkfiles[]\" value=\"$file\" checked=\"checked\" />$file<br />\n";

Thank You

Is it possible I Can pay you to write it to work the other way you seem to know php? To include select the first 100 listed and reset buttons? Actually I would only need it to select the first 100 only not all. Because some directories have thousands of selections and that would cause problems. The first 100 would be perfect.

I responded to you in the PM you sent. What you are asking seems pretty simple, and I would be happy to do it for you. But, before I do anything let me know exactly what you want done so I can see what would be involved. Also, there are other problems with your script that shoud be addressed. For instance you are creating output before your BODY tag.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.