Comparing with column type 'decimal'.

haku

I have a table with a column type 'decimal'. The table is called 'uc_product', and the column is 'sell_price'. There are two rows:

row 1: sell_price = 25.00000

row 2: sell_price = 22.55000

The following query is returning both rows, though I am of the belief that it should only be returning the first row:

SELECT n.nid FROM node AS n JOIN uc_products AS up WHERE n.type = "product" AND up.sell_price >= 25 AND up.sell_price <= 30

I've not worked with columns type decimal before, so this one is throwing me for a loop. I've tried passing in values of 25.00 and 30.00, but I still get back the same two rows. Does anybody have any idea on where I'm going wrong here?

So now I've tried this query:

SELECT n.nid, up.sell_price

FROM node AS n

JOIN uc_products AS up

WHERE n.type = "product"

AND up.sell_price =25

And it returns two rows:

row  nid  sell_price

1    19  25.00000

2    20  25.00000

I have no idea why it is returning a value of 25.0000 for the sell price where nid is 20 - the value in the column is 22.55000.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.