Simple PHP Scripts To Play With & Get Learning?

gobbly2100

Hey people,

Does anyone know of any good websites that I can download simple PHP scripts that I can play with to help me learn PHP?

I am told the best way to learn is by jumping right in and reading, extracting and editing already made scripts.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

I am told the best way to learn is by jumping right in and reading, extracting and editing already made scripts.

I would be very wary of this approach. You can learn allot of bad habits by reading / playing with dodgy code, and believe me, there is more dodgy code than good code around.

The best approach IMO is to get a good book (there's a good free one in my signature - Hudzilla). This will start you at the start and gradually build up your skill set. You need to learn to walk before you try and run.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.