Is there a more efficient way of doing this?

chiprivers

The way that I am currently querying my database, I think, is slowing down the displaying of the requested page that I am working on.  It is taking around 20 seconds to load!

Inorder to display the data in the way I require it, I am running one query which is returning a set of data containing between 10 and 20 records.  The result of this query contains some data to display on the page but for each record returned, I am also having to carry out a further query of the database to return several records of another table.  The results of this query will return approx 100 records containing data to display.

Like I have said, the page as I have coded it so far (which is by no means complete) is taking approximately 20 seconds to load.  I am wondering whether there is a more efficient way of extracting the data from the database?

I have tried to find some example scripts to produce what I am doing but I have had no success trying to find anything vaguely similar.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.