how to get file title tag

nashsaint

Hi,

I am not sure if this is possible but ill ask it anyway.  I searched the web and this forum for any solution but unfortunately i couldn't find a solution.  What i want to accomplish is this.  I am trying to read the file's tag, or whatever you call it.  I managed to read the filename, size and other information that $_FILES function gives.  But there is one thing i couldn't extract from the file tags, the "title".  How can i do this?

I have attached a picture to help explain what i meant. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

The title property and others (author, version, etc..) are file/fat/ntfs specific and not upload specific. These properties are also different for every type of file. E.g. a plain text file does not have any properties associated with it (except if you right click properties... and set the title, author, etc. But when you move that file to a different computer the title will be blank. A PDF document can store the title as the title can be embedded inside the actual file.

So a short answer is no. The $_FILE properties are upload-specific. You'll have to search the web for a class that can read e.g. the title out of an MS Word document.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.