links in query results

korbenmxli

new to PHP but make advances.... i display my table in a grid and all work fine... i have a field with  url adress or links to other pages in my site..... its possbible to display that field in my grid but like real hyperlinks?? i mean do click on it and go to the page?? i mean... like any other link ... let say ....

subject                description                                  more info

-----------------|---------------------------------------------|-------------------

WORD              calendar templates bla bla              templates here  <-- this field must be a link

tnx

Are you actually displaying your table data to the public in an un-edited way like that? If so that is quite bad practice; especially if you have an incrementing unique index on the table (i.e. and ID field). Anyway.

You can display the field contents as real hyperlinks if they are stored as real hyperlinks in the database. So that field would contain for example:

<a href="/page/some-template" title="See Template">templates here</a>

That way when you show the table contents, the data will be interpreted as HTML and a hyperlink will be shown.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.