How to tell if someone has voted.

Orionsbelter

Hi there i'm making a small voting script for members. However i'm a bit stuck. Users get to vote on a poll but only once.

However i'm having about 50 polls but do not know to to stop them for voting more than once. I heard of people using a text method to save all the polls IDs in one text type field in the database assigned to the members username.

But i still don't really understand how i could do this could someone help me please :D

Thanks for reading 

But wouldn't that mean a lot of infomation been put into the database? Wouldn't it be overloaded it? So as if there is 50 polls and 2000 members and each of them votes on each poll that is 100,000 inserts into that table.

Also the polls will never get deleted nor the results.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.