Hi

RC

Hi.

I'm RC. 17 years old for just over another month and am from Indiana. I've been messing around with PHP (and MySQL) since sometime in 2008, made a few things here and there and lost the source to a website I was making due to an HDD crash and the stupidity of not making any backups back in mid-2009.

Since then I stopped with any projects in PHP until early this year. It's quite strange how after less than a year of not using PHP that you could lose so much knowledge of the language until you actually start coding in it again, which refreshed my memory and I was able to push out a website for my magazine (which I won't discuss here as it is completely irrelevant). The website isn't the best and is coded bad in my opinion, which is why I started a complete overhaul from scratch, both layout and PHP, though I'm recycling code when I can and making adjustments where needed.

I wouldn't say I'm that great at PHP, there is still much for me to learn I'm sure, but I'm not really bad at it either. I'm also not here to receive help (or at least that isn't my primary reason as I need no help right now), I've just been wanting to join a PHP community for sometime and hopefully become active. It'll be quite a change from the communities I currently frequent, and a much needed one at that.

I like to help people when I can and occasionally when I'm bored enough and in a helping mood will write tutorials. I've neglected to write any PHP tutorials, but have written a JavaScript tutorial before. Speaking of JavaScript, I've written a rather long date-of-birth verifier (that was the reason for making it) that checks whether the inputted month, day and year are correct, it even checks leap year. I'm sure it could've been done easier but I tend to make things more complicated than they have to be. The code was converted to PHP by a friend of mine and I believe it works, I'm not sure if he's still using it for his site or not.

I also like writing (as you can probably tell), which may be the reason for my love of programming because I'm always typing that way. Though I should note that I enjoy web development much more than computer programming, but as far as that goes I know some C++, though I'm pretty sure I taught myself C when I meant to learn C++ because I completely neglected to learn major aspects for the language.

Anyway, yeah... hi.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I know HTML and CSS as well, though I hope that would have been obvious.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.