YourScene.us site critique

GregL83

Thanks for your feedback thewooletmammoth, the coloring in the original designs were infact a black background.  Other darker backgrounds were also tested.  After alot of thought and comparison with competitors it was decided to use a light background.  While a dark background might represent better the mindset of a user at YourScene.us, it makes for a harder read and for various other reasons often doesn't translate well to general users.  The decision to go light was then made.

Has anyone else had a chance to review the site... particularily function and/or usability???

Thanks for your feedback thewooletmammoth, the coloring in the original designs were infact a black background.  Other darker backgrounds were also tested.  After alot of thought and comparison with competitors it was decided to use a light background.  While a dark background might represent better the mindset of a user at YourScene.us, it makes for a harder read and for various other reasons often doesn't translate well to general users.  The decision to go light was then made.

Has anyone else had a chance to review the site... particularily function and/or usability???

If you want to talk about semantics, I can go almost all day about how you are wrong in nearly every notion and how you do not get the said semantics, But I won't.

Source is sloppy using JS rather than CSS, I dislike the logo as it clearly wasn't meant to look as it does against the background, It needs to be redone else it would look like some whipup someone did in 20 minutes. Poor visibiliy of the top bar compared to the theme, It does not blend well.

There are minor JS errors (check your debugger), namely GUnload function. But apparenly client side code doesn't matter anymore, does it?

The page with the club info is quite neat, Nice boxes for the data as they're compact, although I'm glad I have an ad blocker.

• 2 weeks later...

I might not understand the full purpose of the site, but it would seem to be better if you had a better landing page.  When i first get to the site i am very confused on whats going on. Maybe have less of a threatening homepage like have more images and explaining whats going on.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.