How to insert a <br> instead of 0d0a on my form submit?

Jaehoon

Hey guys,

I have a form I'm submitting via POST and I have no idea how to replace the enter spaces in my textarea into a <br>.

I've been trying all of these:

$message = ereg_replace("=0D=0A=", "\r", $message);

$message = ereg_replace("=0D=0A=", "<br>", $message);

But nothing is working, does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your help, the code you posted works, but I seem to be capturing the "ENTER" put in by php into the url wrong...

URL:

msg=this%0D%0Ais%0D%0Aa%0D%0Atest

in the url a ENTER break is represented as %0D%0A , is '=0D=0A=' the proper way to represent the %0D%0A in the replace function?

No sorry, this is a screenshot of my script...

entry.jpg

I wanted to represent my blog post as shown on the textarea...

Just like the box I'm typing the reply on right now, if i press enter to goto the next line... on the forum it will show up as a break

So I guess the main issue is that when I submit my form... my breaks are stripped out, and everything becomes 1 long sentence. I wanted my break to remain so the blog post can be represented with breaks the way it was written into the textarea box

I know this problem can be avoided if i type <br> into my textarea to goto the next line, but I wanted to be able to press enter to insert a break automatically

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.