What would you do? SEO sort of ?

SharkBait

Alright...

I've been working on a new site that will remove an existing site. (vague right?)

The existing site is blog/database driven and receives decent amount of traffic for various searches related to the topics the blog is about.

I've decided to change the way the site works and remove the blog aspect of it (i havent updated it in a LONG time). I have a couple other blogs (that I keep updating) and I want this new site just to be related to photos.

The photos are added periodically so content won't be as stale as a photography portfolio site can be, but it won't be as dynamic as a blog might be if you updated on a somewhat daily basis.

Would you leave the blog in there (which won't be used) and add the new site over top, or does it matter?

I'm thinking of just removing the entire content that is currently there, and then replacing it with this new site I've created.

I understand SEO works better with text, but I have a personal blog and a couple of other blogs that will probably point back to this portfolio site of mine.

Hopefully that explains it... makes sense right? ;)

Why not look at some analogies. At the risk of listing one that doesn't make sense, You may as well not put yourself in someone shoes who is about to die, You may have all that he has gained but you won't be able to hold it.

I'd rather focus on rebranding and making something unique, such as the pheonix out of the ashes, rather than building something out of those ashes itself. It's pointless.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.