Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clem_c_rock

unable to load dynamic library C:\php5\php_mysql.dll

Recommended Posts


Hello,

I have screwed up something on my php.ini file on a windows server and now I am getting this error: "unable to load dynamic library C:\php5\php_mysql.dll". Now, my PHP installation actually resides here: C:\PHP\ so, obviously, it's pointing to the wrong address.

Where do I change this so the program is looking in the right directory?

Thanks,
Clem C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Open up your php.ini and find the extension_dir directive (around line 529). Change whats in the quotes ro whats after "[i]extension_dir =[/i]" with the actual path to the extension folder.

Also if havn't added php to the Windows PATH Variable, copy a file called libmysql.dll to C:\WINDOWS folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, I fixed the first error by setting the extensions_dir to the correct path but now I have another error when I go to phpMyAdmin: "Cannot load mysql extension".

PHP was working fine before I blew it up so I'm pretty confident that the PATH variable is set correctly.

Thanks for your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Your mysql extension hasn't been loaded up correctly. Which extension did you enable the normal mysql extension (php_mysql.dll) or the MySQL Improved extenson (php_mysql[b]i[/b].dll).

Also run this in a script:
[code=php:0]<?php phpinfo(); ?>[/code]
Does it have a mysql section anywhere in that file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, I got that error fixed by pointing the extension_dir to the correct directory.

Now I have another error which is: "Cannot load mysql exten
sion" when I go to phpMyAdmin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You may have fixed the path to the extension_dir but it may not have loaded up the mysql extension properly. Otherwise phpMyAdmin wouldnt report "Cannot load mysql extension".

That why I said to check that there is a mysql section present when running the phpinfo function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah there is - and it looks a bit problematic to me:

[code]
Active Persistent Links 0
Active Links 0
Client API version 4.1.7

Directive Local Value Master Value
mysql.allow_persistent On On
mysql.connect_timeout 60 60
mysql.default_host no value no value
mysql.default_password no value no value
mysql.default_port no value no value
mysql.default_socket no value no value
mysql.default_user no value no value
mysql.max_links Unlimited Unlimited
mysql.max_persistent Unlimited Unlimited
mysql.trace_mode Off Off
[/code]

Any Suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Okay so the cause is with phpMyAdmin now then make sure you have extracted the contents of the phpMyAdmin contents properly and that you have [url=http://www.phpmyadmin.net/documentation/#setup]setup the config.inc.php[/url] file correctly. Also make sure you have the latest statble release of [url=http://www.phpmyadmin.net]phpMyAdmin[/url]

Also the MySQL configuration reported is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ok - got it!!

Actually mysql and PHP were running fine after I changed the extension_dir to the correct directory.

The Problem after that was w/ phpMyAdmin and it's configuration.

Here's what I did to fix that:

[code]

'host' from localhost to the machine host name 'extension' to 'mysqli' 'user' to a user who has access to MySQL, i.e. can log onto MySQL on the server 'password' to the password of the user
[/code]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.