Receive Mail via PHP

monkeytooth

I know you can send email, And I know you can Receive as well I know theres a few php email servers out there..

But Im not looking to have a full on mail system. I am just looking to get a message, strip the headers and junk out keeping only the senders email address and subject/body of the message. But that alone I am getting a head of myself, I just want to know what would entail me getting email via php.. and any links to documents or input from those who have done something like this before would be nice. I don't need someone to tell me the whole how to, I just need key ideas to go dig and look for so I can find them and study how to do it myself.

Unless theres a class file out there that can help me from reinventing the wheel

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.