New To Coding- Need Help

impreza2010

Hi im new to php coding and i needed some help so i thought this will be the right forum.

i know all the basics of php, mysql, html and css

i really want to learn how to code php properly

what do website do you think i should make for my first php website? also if you know any websites that will help please let me know

thanks alot

tizag.com is a nice starter/learning site.

As to what kind of site.. who knows. Pick something that interests you and try to theme around that concept.. using php to dynamically pull all your material together. then add to it by thinking of special things to do.

PHP is just another programming language and even a very skilled programmer will only be able to deliver a half-baked product if he does not stick to any sort of planning. You'd better of learning a methodology like OOA&D that allows you to model your application regardless of programming language. Or if you don't want to shoot so high you can familiarize yourself with the webdesign process.

For the actual code writing I can only advice you to know the ins-and-outs of your language. The Zend certified engineer exam is a good example of learning the ins-and-outs. I'm not saying you should take it, there are various websites on-line that discuss the exam in detail, some even provide you with questions that you can try to solve and verify afterwards with the correct answers. A thorough knowledge of the available functions and it's uses is also a must, extensive use of the manual will teach you that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.