How To Make Something Uneditable?

Notoriouswow

Hey everyone, I have a quick question....

I have a super simple footer.php that includes credits towards me.... (Running a CMS) and a lot of people have abused the fact that it is REALLY easy to change it.

Is their anyway to make it so when you modify it whatsoever the whole website won't work or it displays an error or something... I have a config.php that could work with this real nicely...

Thanks,

NotoriousWoW

I've always thought of this..

If you want to keep the script open-source but require the footer, you could possibly encode your credits but put a variable that is required to run the site?

Make it more complicated than what I said.. Make it seem like it's something normal in your code but it secretly exits the script or something...

Well; if you aren't creative enough to program a self destruct sequence within your code, if the footer has been changed.  It makes me wonder how effective your CMS is.

You can within your classes somwhere, or a file thats included everywhere; check the md5 of the footer, and if it doesnt match a certain number it can kill the script with die();.  People will then have to sit there and search to see where they can reverse that.  You can also hardcode it into your templating engine, if you are using one in your cms.

You can within your classes somwhere, or a file thats included everywhere; check the md5 of the footer, and if it doesnt match a certain number it can kill the script with die();.  People will then have to sit there and search to see where they can reverse that.  You can also hardcode it into your templating engine, if you are using one in your cms.

Security through obscurity. You gain nothing except confusing code.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.